The Black Women's Roundtable (BWR) is committed to providing research and insight about Black women to facilitated more meaningful organizing to maximize power and civic participation in Black communities. As with all of our work, we research in a collaborative environment to ensure that we are reaching the greatest number and diversity of Black women. Currently, BWR produces the following research pieces:
- BWR Annual Report, usually in March
- BWR/ Essence Power of the Sister Vote, usually in September
- BWR Exit Poll, in federal election years post-election.
Annually, BWR releases "Black Women in the United States". This report is released during the BWR National Summit in March each year. It is an opportunity to share Black women's perspective and the latest research information on priority issues that directly impact the Black women and their community.
For the last 5 years, BWR has teamed with Essence Magazine to produce the Power of the Sister Vote survey. Administered in the summer, the survey is designed to provide annual information about Black women's thoughts, attitudes, and priorities for the current or prospective administration or Congress.
During federal elections, BWR releases its BWR Exit Poll. This poll is taken in the field on election day by hundreds of BWR volunteers working in their community to survey the voting attitudes and issue priorities of Black women.
Here are links to released BWR Research:
- March 2020: State of Black Women in the U.S. 2020: Priorities, Policy and Power: The Power of Black Women's Leadership to Move a Justice Agenda Forward in the 2020 Decade.
- September 2019 : BWR/Essence 5th Annual Power of the Sister Vote Survey Results.
- March 2019: State of Black Women in the U.S. & Key States, 2019: Centering Black Women & Girls Leadership and Public Policy Agenda in a Polarizing Political Era. 6th Annual Report. "It's Our Time to Lead, Rise and Shine."
- December 2018: Bi-Annual Unity'18 Campaign Election Day Exit Poll of Black Women Voters
- September 2018: 2018 BWR/Essence 4th Annual Power of the Sister Vote Survey
- March 2018: State of Black Women in the U.S. & Key States, 2018: Time for a Power Shift. 5th Annual Report.
- November 2017: 2017 Post Election Preliminary Report "Impact of the Black Women's Vote & Leadership in the 2017 Election Cycle"
- "September 2017: 2017 BWR/Essence 3rd Annual Power of the Sister Vote Survey